Application Information and Approval Process
Please Read Carefully
APPLICATIONS AND APPLICATION FEES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE PROSPECTIVE TENANT HAS SEEN THE INTERIOR OF THE UNIT IN PERSON OR HAD AN ADULT REPRESENTATIVE (18+) VIEW THE INTERIOR OF THE PROPERTY IN THE PROSPECTIVE TENANTS PLACE.
A complete application is necessary from each adult (anyone 18 years or older) who intends to reside at the property. You must be 18 years old to apply. There is a $75.00 non-refundable application fee charged per adult. This fee must be paid in advance as your application cannot processed until it is received. Cashier’s check or money order is accepted for payment of the application fee. Processing of properly completed applications normally takes two to three business days. A complete application enables us to expedite this process.
Things that we do:
- We call your employer; collect pay stubs and/or tax returns to verify employment and income.
- We check the public record for any eviction history or other judgments.
- We call your previous landlord to obtain a rental reference.
- We use the three credit reporting agencies to obtain a copy of your credit report to determine your paying habits.
Some general qualification guidelines may include, but are not limited to:
- Verifiable monthly income no less than three to three and a half times the amount of the rent.
- No recent evictions or other judgments.
- A favorable landlord reference from one or two previous landlords.
- A favorable credit report with no recent derogatory information or accounts.
- Criminal background such as sex crimes, manufacturing or distributing a controlled substance will be declined)
In some cases if all of the above criteria are not met, an application may be accepted with an increased security deposit or declined. We will notify you as soon as your application has been approved or declined. If your application is approved and you wish to rent the property, you must make an appointment to sign a rental agreement and pay your security deposit within one business day. The deposit must be paid by money order or cashier’s check only. Prior to receiving the keys to your unit and move in you must pay your deposit, sign the rental agreement and first month rent. Initial rent must be paid by money order or cashier’s check only. Properties cannot be held without the payment of the full security deposit and a signed rental agreement. The unit will be rented to the first applicant that completes the applications process and makes an appointment to pay a deposit and sign a rental agreement upon approval.
Rental Agreements are for 12 months unless otherwise stated. If pets are allowed, an additional fee will be required for each pet as well as pet rent. After the deposit is collected and the rental agreement signed we can hold the unit for up to 20 days, based on credit qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE RENTAL AGENT SHOWING THE PROPERTY CANNOT NEGOTIATE ANY TERMS OR CONDITIONS OF RENTAL. WE ARE A FAIR HOUSING PROVIDER.
DISCLOSURES: The Colorado Real Estate Commission requires an agency disclosure. We are agents of the property owner or landlord. Our renters or tenants are our customers. Please click here to view definitions of working relationships per the Colorado Real Estate Commission guidelines.